Over the last few months we have been asked for a lot of Uncanny X-Men recordings. On post #14 you will find “Salive One” EP, post #145 you will find the single “Start Believing", post #332 Brian Mannix's solo LP and post #334 you will find their "Beach Party" EP. After a bit of research we found out that there were a lot of B sides as well as a few A sides of singles that never made it onto LP, so we decided to get all the singles here for you to download as a collection of singles from 1st to last. The singles are :
- "How Do You Get Your Kicks" b/w "Superhero" (K-9034) Mushroom, (Both non LP tracks)
- "Time Goes So Fast" b/w "Up To You" (K-9214) Mushroom, (Both non LP tracks)
- "Still Waiting" b/w "Time Goes So Fast" (K-9805) Mushroom, (B side non LP Live track)
- "The Party" b/w "The Slug" (K-9579) Mushroom, (B side non LP track)
- "50 Years" b/w "Best Looking Guy" (K-9671) Mushroom
- "Don't Wake Me" b/w "Truckin' On Into Alice" (BA-3486) CBS (B side non LP track)
- "Start Believing" b/w "Sullivans" (650440 7) CBS (B side non LP track)
- "I Am" b/w "Treat Me Nice" - "Kill The Children" (BA-3445) CBS (B side non LP track)
- "Nothing Touches My World" b/w "Playing The Titanic" (BA-3517) CBS
As you can see there were only two singles that the A & B sides featured on LP, which is what makes their single catalogue rare to collect. Their first single was produced and A side penned by Skyhook's Greg Macainsh which has always been a favourite of mine. As you will hear all the A sides are very Uncanny X-Men while the B's are everything from truckin’, vaudeville, psychedelic to just plain weird and even a bit of Elvis, which to me is a formula for just plain brilliance. Like so many other recordings on this Blog I ask the question "why wasn't this stuff released on CD", but I guess we'll just give ourselves another headache trying to work that one out.
Thanks Woodynet for the covers you've created for this collection. It's much appreciated.