Current Traffic

Sunday 8 October 2023

Post 776 - The Believers - The Complete Recordings

 

David Lyons (Drums), Mike Dorr(Guitar/Vocals) and Michael Crocker (Bass/Vocals) decided to put together the sound and style they really wanted. They appeared from nowhere with  the infectious debut single "Lemon Tree" b/w "You Say" released on Terrace Records in 1985. The Believers never played live much and wouldn't give interviews, and resided incognito somewhere in Melbourne. A second single was released in 1987 "So Many Times" b/w "Tobacco Road" on Cleopatra Records. Their sound had the general aura of such sixties bands like The Kinks, The Hollies and The Beatles circa 63-66. They went into Sing-Sing studios with a hefty wad of tracks and a desire to set down a bunch more. This they did and a bevy of pop gems were quickly laid to tape. Being the perfectionists they are however a bunch of these recordings still reside in their vaults, including a follow up single "Rain" and a heap of other numbers that flowed from the musical minds of Croker & Dorr. Nonetheless five tracks escaped their clutches and it is those five tracks that appear on their debut E.P. titled simply "The Believers" 1989 on Rubber Records. This info came from Rubber Records promo sheet that was included in the record cover of the E.P.Thanks again Henry DeRooy for the great art work. Flac

6 comments:

AussieRock said...

After reading the promo notes, I'm a Believer too ;-)

Thanks for the great share Gary.
Take care
AR

Terryfh said...

Does anyone here know what has happened to the ausrock forum site. Been away on hols for a few weeks and when I come back all i get is a 440 error and can't find any details.
Cheers,

Tez

Crazydave511 said...

Very nice 80's pop, thanks so much.
p.s. Have sent a few reup requests for Fable artists, hope you can help when time allows. Cheers Dave

Ozzie Music Man said...

Hi Tez, yes having the same problem here and what I hear some others are too. I did finally got on a few weeks back but wouldn't except my password so I requested a link to change and when I did get the link and changed my password it came up with a error so not sure where to go next.

Ozzie Music Man said...

Crazydave yes I have your requests and will get onto it soon sorry for the delay!

Hector McFreckle said...

Hi Ozzie & Tez....Ausrock is still alive & well, but same happened to me. I was using Chrome but I have used Firefox since & it is fine.
There's been a few theories posted over the past few months:
"I too have issues with being unable to access this site using Chrome and I think it is because Ausrock is not a secure site (https:) and Chrome doesn't like this.
I use Edge but I had to tell it (in Settings) to allow this unsecure site - Chrome's equivalent setting doesn't work for some reason.
As far as getting erratic outcomes with your browser, I think it has to do with its Cache (bad data stops access, until the Cache is cleared)"
and:
I have also encountered the same problem with Chrome and then Edge, and now Chrome Works again......

Cheers, Hector McFreckle