Current Traffic

Friday 26 March 2010

Post 250 - Joe Guido - I've No Words / In My Dreams

Almost 25 years in the music industry, Joe has supported such acts as INXS in their early days, Tom Jones and, more recently, Guy Sebastian. Singer/songwriter and performer Joe Guido has had songs recorded and produced by the likes of Greg Archilla, producer for Matchbox 20. His songs have been recorded by artists such as Roanne Monte, star of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s London production of Miss Saigon in the mid 90s. Here to download from 1984 is Joe's first single on Powderworks " I've No Words" b/w "In My Dreams" (POW 0185) produced by Chris Eggleton at Jigsaw Studios, Sydney. Joe had a follow up single in 1985 "No Regrets". Joe finally decided to use his uncanny looks and sound of George Michael to perform as the legendary singer/songwriter himself as "Just George" - The Australian George Michael Show, performing the hit songs from the early days of Wham to the present.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

1stly congratulations on your blog, and starting a blog for rare or hard to get artists!! I know Joe appreciates it!

I am a 36yr old male, and my dad is Chris Eggleton, who recorded Joe Guido. I was actually there as a kid for some of the recording sessions, especially 'No Regrets'. In fact, i still got 'no Regrets' on vinyl! My dad will love the fact he is up here mentioned on your blog, as i'm sure Joe does too!

Great blog! Keep it up!