Current Traffic

Sunday 15 January 2017

Post 671 - Max Merritt - Mean Green Fighting Machine - My Best Friend

 Just about every web site I looked at for info on this single "Mean Green Fighting Machine"/"My Best Friend" (K 196) in 1986, all say that this single was a promotional single for the Canberra Raiders Rugby League team. But looking at the cover of the single something didn’t look right so to clear it up I asked Max himself and I quote……” It was done for the yacht race “Americas Cup” Thanks for clearing that up Max. The single was released on Mojo Records and was produced by Max and Jimmy Sloggett at Sun Studios in Sydney with Peter Contini engineering. Flac

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flacs seem to be from mp3's and wow, I thought my ears were under about 20 meters of water from that noise reduction. Great song, but sorry the quality was abominable

Ozzie Music Man said...

Hi I downloaded the files you have asked about and so did a couple of friends and all seem fine. Not sure what happen when you downloaded them.