Current Traffic

Saturday 17 April 2010

Post 254 - Sharon Black - Mother Dear You've Got A Silly Daughter / Under The Smile Of Love


A Regular performer on Bandstand, Black won a competition called Star Search, defeating the likes of Janice Slater and Helen Reddy in 1964. She Travelled to the U.S.A where she married and settled down. She only ever released 3 singles. Here to download is her first single "Mother Dear You've Got A Silly Daughter" b/w "Under The Smile Of Love" (BF-191). Released on Philips in September 1965. The A side was an answer song to Herman's Hermits "Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter". Sharon Black died in 1979.

3 comments:

Kardean Prevost said...

Hello Ozzie Music Man... My name is Kardean and I am the middle daughter of Sharon Black. I live in the Reno, Nevada with my father Dale, Sister Karinah and brother Ian, (Sharon's other two children). I have traveled to Australia many times and was able to buy the "Bandstand Sweethearts" CD with the songs "Someday Soon" and "I need You" however, I would love to get a hold of any other items available such as recordings of the show, tv appearences ect... If you should have any of these items or have any information that could help us in our search it would be greatly appreciated.... Love and miss her dearly...If anyone reading this comment should have any info or knew my mother please contact me @ aussiestorage@yahoo.com

Micko said...

Hi Kardean

I've just been watching your talented mum on a fairly new Australian Bandstand DVD release "Best of Bandstand Vol 9 (1967-68) Are you aware of it? If you don't recieve the email, let me know as she also appears on 2 other volumes

Unknown said...

Loved sharon black when i was a young teenager and still watching old clips of her many good memories