Current Traffic

Saturday 3 May 2014

Post 505 - Greg Christensen – Singles Collection

Greg Christensen lead singer of New Zealand band Creation went on to record three solo singles between 1977 and 1980. The first two were on the Vertigo label and were "Marie" b/w "The Good Guys and The Bad Guys" (6036 918) in 1977 and "Smiley" b/w "Windy City" (6036923) in 1978. In 1980 his last single was on EMI and called "Baby I Like It" b/w "If You See My Baby" (EMI-277). It was also released in Australia and if I’d heard this one on the radio and didn’t know who was singing it I would have said it was U.K band Racey, what do you think? 

2 comments:

Unc said...

Thanks Ozzie. Creation's version of 'Tell Laura I Love Her' was the first I heard, and I always preferred it to the original. (Much like The Love Machine's 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight.')
Just a suggestion: You've credited this post to Greg Christiansen, but your EMI label illustration spells his name Christensen. If the label is right you might want to correct this so search engines can find it.

Ozzie Music Man said...

Thanks Unc don't know what happen there, couldn't have been me :)