Current Traffic

Thursday 6 August 2009

Post 140 - Front Page - I Thought I'd Never Fall In Love Again / Rockin' Hollywood

With the brake up of The Bootleg Family in '75 Tony Naylor, Geoff Cox, Clive Harrison and Adrian Campbell went touring as Avalanche in early '76. They released "Wizard Of Love" in February and it went to #23 in Melbourne. Another four singles and a LP followed. Cox and Harrison left in 1977 by 1978 Naylor & Campbell had changed the bands name to Front Page. With a new line-up of Phil Wood, Tony Thornton and James Black which replaced Bruce Haymes. They issued the single "I Thought I'd Never Fall In Love Again b/w Rockin' Hollywood" (BL 320) in August 1978. By 1979 it was over. Naylor went on to join Jon English's band Baxter Funt in 1980. Here for you to download is that single recorded on Bootleg.

5 comments:

George said...

cool track. I've never heard this one. have you got anymore similar obscurities like the A-side? rare Aust Pop with guitars and vocal harmonies is what I'm chasing.

BigGray said...

Thanks for the songs. I've never heard this single before either. Still have the Avalanche album on cassette - saw them once at the old Bondi Lifesaver - so I had to give this a listen.
The b-side is the same song I had on a Mason's Cure single. It may even still be around here somewhere....

BigGray said...

OOps, that should be The Bootleg Band doing Rockin Hollywood.
Thanks Again

Crazydave511 said...

Just hoping you will reup this link, thanks

Ozzie Music Man said...

Hi Crazydave I have checked all the downloads that you want me to reup and they download fine. Let me know how you go.

Ozzie